Seeking individuals to join Orion’s Community Services Program. Services are provided in conjunction with a team of field workers and child protective service staff of local county departments. Services include safety services for at risk youth, mentoring, parental support and crisis support. Services occur in the family home, or in the community as needed. The worker is responsible for ensuring the emotional and physical safety of the children in the home during the visits. Important staff functions also include documenting contacts with clients and communication with both Orion and other agency staff. Scheduled hours may be throughout the day, evenings and weekends, and occur mostly in Jefferson County. Weekly hours are variable but can reach 40 hours/week. Males, and applicants bi-lingual in Spanish are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have a good driving record and a safe vehicle for transportation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans, implements, and conducts all client care services in conjunction with the supervisor and program requirements.
2. Available 24 hours a day, when on call, to assess need and provide for crisis management via phone call and face to face when needed.
3. Reviews, establishes, and maintains client care protocol and standards, ensuring that all State policies, regulations, and guidelines for client care are met.
4. Participates in staff, program and clinical educational and in-service activities. This includes attendance at team meetings for clients and appropriate consultation and supervision meetings with agency.
5. Recommends and participates in the development of agency policies and procedures.
6. Represents the agency to various government agencies, funding agencies, and/or the general public/local community.
7. Completes required documentation according to established time frames.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social work or related field, or equivalent, is required. Some experience working with a child caring agency or providing case management services in a county or state run agency. Ability to speak Spanish may be required for some positions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES REQUIRED:
· Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele.
· Knowledge of clinical objectives, programs, methods, procedures, and standards within area of expertise.
· Ability to maintain quality standards.
· Knowledge and understanding of all facets of professional client care within area of expertise.
· Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, work with limited supervision.
· Valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance and access to reliable transportation are necessary.
· Ability to pass a background check and driving record background check.
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Please send resume and application to email@example.com. With questions please call Samantha at 608-225-2108.